Today is the 121st anniversary of John F. Dixon's birth.
I don't know much about John at this point. Here's what I've learned so far:
- John was born on 18 Feb 1895 in Elizabeth, NJ (1, 2)
- His parents were William A. and Mary E. (Klein) Dixon (2)
- In 1917 he worked as a tool setter for W.A. Clark, Elizabeth, NJ (1)
- In 1917 he lived at 38 Spencer Street, Elizabeth, NJ (1)
- He registered for the WWI draft 5 June 1917, when he was 22 years old (1)
- He was married, although I don't know his wife's name(1)
- He was tall, of medium build, with grey eyes and light hair. (1)
- In 1942 he filled out an affidavit to correct his brother's [Wallace B. Dixon] birth certificate (3)
- In 1942 he lived at 926 1/2 East Jersey Street, Elizabeth, NJ (3)
That's not a lot to know about a person, but it's a start. Hopefully, by John's next birthday I'll know a lot more about him. Even better, I might have identified him in a photograph.
If you're descended from John Frank Dixon please leave a comment or get in touch!
1. U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]," digital image, Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2005, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com ; downloaded 15 Aug 2015), Card for John F. Dixon, No. 131, Elizabeth, NJ; citing, National Archives film M1509.
2. 1900 Federal Census, Union County, New Jersey, population schedule, Ward 7, Elizabeth, enumeration district 107, page 7, dwelling 83, family 180, John F. Dixon; digital image, Ancestry.com (downloaded 5 March 2015); FHL microfilm: 1240996.
3. New Jersey, Bureau of Vital Statistics, State Department of Health, Birth Certificate 235 (2 March 1905), Theodore Wallace Dixon; attached form "For Correcting or Amending a Certificate of Birth, Marriage or Death"; New Jersey State Archives, Trenton.