Welcome to Mystery Photo Monday!
|Sports fan poses with guys from Bayonne and that other team.|
Questions. I've got questions. I've got lots and lots of questions....
- Do you know any of these people? I have no idea who they are. This photo might be from either the Dixon or Karvoius side of the family. I don't know which.
- Is that the Singer Sewing Machine Factory in the background? I'm pretty sure it is. If you compare it to this image from the Library of Congress, the buildings look to be the same. For a really close look you can download the high res image from their web site and enlarge it. The windows show the same pattern in both photos. The Singer factory in Elizabeth, NJ was a major employer in the city for 109 years. It closed in 1982. Many of my Karvoius family ancestors worked there. Probably a few Dixon ancestors too.
- What sport do you think they might be playing?
- Can anyone date this photo? Roughly?
- What team is that other guy with? The one with the big "F" on his chest?
If you have answers to any of these questions, or can offer any insights at all, drop me a note or leave a comment.
Thanks a bunch!