01 January 2021

Family Legends

 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 2 - Family Legends

This year, 2021, I'm participating in the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks genealogy challenge from Amy Johnson Crow. Hopefully, this will not only jump-start my research, but will also help me write up some of the research I've already done. Here goes...

Honestly, I'm stumped on this topic. I haven't researched any new family legends, mainly because we just don't have that many. That I know of, anyway. Neither my mother's family (Dixon) or my father's (Traina) were big talkers about their past.

I guess what happens in Elizabeth, stays in Elizabeth.

I sort of feel like I'm underachieving here, but I've got enough current research that needs writing up, so I don't feel like I need to go looking for new stories just now.

Anyway, I've already written about all the legends I can think of, so I'll link back to those here in case you missed them the first time. Also, I've added a short list of stories that I've uncovered that should have been family legends, but weren't. Granted, two of those aren't from my direct line, but hey, cousins count, right?

First, a recap on the family legends I've already covered:

Wallace B. Dixon: Name Changer, pt. 1

Wallace B. Dixon : Name Changer, pt. 2


 
 
Here are some stories that should have been family legends, but were never spoken of, as far as I recall:


Captain Kid's Treasures (not my direct line)

Asa Dixon, "Rogue or Angel?" contest winner (also, not my direct line)
 
 
Do you know any family legends? Feel free to share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment