Welcome to 2017!I'm starting this year off with the obligatory New Year's baby photo, a picture of Someone Else's Ancestor. If you are kin to Raymond E. Lockwood [b. abt June 1888], please get in touch. It would make my year to return this photo to his family!
|Raymond E. Lockwood, photographed by McKean & Ort, Santa Cruz, California.|
Photo found in an antique store in Virginia. E. Ackermann collection, 2017.
|"Raymond E. Lockwood. 1 yr. June '89." Reverse of photo above.|
Here we go again!1 January 2017 marks the One Year Anniversary of this blog. 2016 was a great year for family history. New discoveries were made, "new" cousins were found, I learned some new skills. All good stuff.
As we get a fresh start this year here are a few of my genealogy resolutions:
- continue with my grandfather's generation, and start pushing back to his parents' families and siblings [and their families]
- put in more social history research time
- scan and post more of my photo collections
- start writing my personal history
- continue adding to my genealogy skill set
- create at least one printed photo book to preserve the pictures that I've scanned so far
- print a copy of last year's blog posts