30 March 2017

Wallace B. Dixon 1912




Wallace Bernard Dixon, age 7. Portrait taken by E.L. Jenkins & Co. NY in 1912. Held by E. Ackermann, 2017.
Wallace B. Dixon. 1912.
Held by E. Ackermann, 2017.



Wallace B. Dixon in 1912, at the age of 7. Photo by E.L. Jenkins & Co., 122 Front St., NY. Held by E. Ackermann, 2017.
The original photo of Wallace B. Dixon. 1912
E.L. Jenkins & Co., 122 Front St. N.Y.
Held by E. Ackermann, 2017.
This is my grandfather, Wallace B. Dixon, at seven years old. The photograph was taken by E.L. Jenkins & Co., 122 Front Street, New York. The handwriting on the front of the original mounting is my grandfather's.

I haven't been able to learn much about the photography studio, but I did find another photograph with the same mounting by way of a Google search. Interstingly, that photo of a young man also appeared to have been taken outside, next to the front steps of a building. I wonder if this was Jenkins's particular style of portrait photography. If you know anything about them drop me a note.

You can see a photo of Wally B.'s son, Wally A. Dixon, at about the same age in my previous post, "Wally Jr. Strikes a Pose."

No comments:

Post a Comment